Thursday, July 25, 2013

Where Has the Summer Gone?


So, here's the deal, I've been on summer vacation for the past three months; however, I have yet to post. What's up with that? Well honestly I don't really know. Blogging has always been something I loved doing, but the past few months I just haven't felt it. Fortunately, those days are over and I'm back on the blogging bandwagon thanks to some inspiration from Carly. Lets do some catching up, shall we?

I got home from school April 27. Yep, that's right APRIL. Like what kind of school ends that early?! Apparently the University of Michigan does! So, I got home, excited to be on summer vacation only to realize that absolutely none of my friends were home. Lets just say I spent a lot of time with my parents and Netflix. I started my internship at Giorgio Armani the second week of May for a few days as a little preview of the rest of my summer, and then I was off to the Holy Land!

From May 12-22, I was in Israel on a program called Birthright, which provides a free trip to Israel for Jewish individuals ages 18-26. I went through a program at Michigan, which was great since I was able to meet new people that I go to school with, as well as bond in new ways with existing friends. Traveling to Israel was my first time out of the country (besides a one day trip to Canada) and once I made it through the long plane ride, I was thrilled. My experience was fantastic. I had a taste of almost every aspect of Israeli life. Obviously my favorite parts were the fashion (lets just say I bought a tad too much jewelry) and the food (iced coffee and falafel...YUM). On the more serious side, I did feel a much greater connection with my heritage and religion. The trip was only 10 days, and I'm counting down the days until I will be able to go back and explore more of the beautiful "Land of Milk and Honey."

Once I got back from Israel, I returned to my internship. As I said, I'm interning at Giorgio Armani in the Beverly Hills VIP PR Office. I work in the showroom and the office, maintaining and organizing the VIP room for daily fittings with stylists and editors, researching runway shows and events, and performing various administrative duties. It has been an amazing experience, and I am grateful to have a glimpse into the international fashion world. 

Aside from interning, I have been hanging out with friends, relaxing, watching a million different tv shows, and reading lots and lots of blogs! With school being about a month away I have become very excited and motivated to return to sparklesmileandshine....my own blog.  So look for regular (or semi regular) postings from me on topics such as fashion, food, and college fun.


1 comment:

  1. so glad you're back! you're welcome for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! They make me so happy :) Thank you for reading and stay tuned for more posts!